Top 10 Free Agents
Posted by Antonio Antenucci on November 8, 2010
The hot stove is now burning and I’m excited. I look forward to the MLB offseason just as much as I do the regular season. Who is going where? There are some very interesting free agents again this winter. Here is how I rank the top 10 (My predicted teams are in parenthesis):
1. SP Cliff Lee (Yankees)- Obviously he is number 1 on the list. Everything may be bigger in Texas, but their bank account isn’t bigger than New York’s.
2. OF Carl Crawford (Angels)- Crawford is the most coveted hitter this winter and he won’t be cheap.
3. OF Jayson Werth (Red Sox)- Best righty bat on the market.
4. 3B Adrian Beltre (Red Sox)- Beltre had a great 2010, Boston won’t let him go.
5. OF/1B Adam Dunn (Nationals)- He doesn’t want to DH and seems to like Washington.
6. 1B Paul Konerko (White Sox)- At 35 I doubt Konerko can exceed his career year numbers of 2010.
7. RP Mariano Rivera (Yankees)- Almost forgot he was a free agent, the timeless Rivera isn’t going anywhere else.
8. RP Rafael Soriano (Rays)- The best actual available closer on the market. Since the Rays will let Carl Crawford and Carlos Pena walk, I believe they will have some money to re-sign their All-Star closer.
9. C Victor Martinez (Tigers)- Can’t catch but still very good offensively. Detroit makes the most sense.
10. SP Andy Pettitte (Yankees)- Pettitte is 39 and fragile but he’s still the second best pitcher on the market and a post season monster. It’s either New York or retirement, I think he goes 1 more year.
One Response to “Top 10 Free Agents”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.